Many people have grey and brown patches on their skin surface which affects their look and lowers their confidence. This skin condition is also known as melasma. It can be caused due to different internal and external factors but if you want to get rid of it then try Chemical Peels for Melasma Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan. It is the best skin resurfacing treatment which is highly effective for treating skin discoloration. Want to know more about chemical peels treatment then keep reading.
What is Chemical Peel?
Chemical peels can be customized to treat different skin conditions and skin types, and the strength of the peel can be adjusted based on factors like skin colour, skin layer affected by hyperpigmentation, etc. The most common chemicals used in chemical peels include TCA, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, Jessner’s solution, and tretinoin. Proprietary blends like the VI peel for melasma also exist and typically consist of a combination of these ingredients. There are various types of chemical peels, the dermatologist will choose the best type of peel depending on the skin condition of the patient.
Causes of Melasma:
Melasma is a skin condition that causes dark patches or discoloration on the face. The exact cause of melasma is not well understood, but it is believed to be related to several factors, including:
- Pregnancy, oral contraceptives, and hormone replacement therapy can cause an increase in hormones that trigger melasma.
- (UV) radiation from the sun can stimulate the production of melanin, leading to dark patches on the skin.
- Some people may have a genetic predisposition to melasma, and the condition may run in families.
- Certain skincare products or cosmetic procedures can affect the skin and trigger melasma.
- Some medications, such as antipsychotics and anticonvulsants, can cause melasma as a side effect.
What To Expect During A Chemical Peel Treatment For Melasma?
The procedure typically starts with cleansing the skin to remove excess oil and dead skin cells. The chemical peel agent is then applied and left on the skin for several minutes, which can cause some pain and burning. After the chemical has been neutralised, the skin will typically be red and slightly inflamed for a few days, especially for superficial peels. Deep peels that penetrate inner layers of the skin can result in stronger swelling and inflammation that lasts for about a week while new skin is formed. While chemical peels can be controversial, concerns are usually related to more severe skin conditions that require deeper skin penetration.
How Do Chemical Peels Work?
When a chemical peel is applied to the skin it will result in the removal of the damaged layer of the skin. The peels will change the PH level of the skin and will help to lose the skin and will separate damaged cells from the healthy ones. The chemical peel will tighten the loose skin and will improve the skin’s elasticity. In a few sessions, you will see the desired results.
Benefits of Chemical Peels:
Chemical peels for Melasma Islamabad & Pakistan can have several benefits for the skin, including:
- Chemical peels can remove the outer layer of dead skin cells, revealing smoother and healthier-looking skin.
- Chemical peels can repair and reverse the signs of sun damage caused by UV rays.
- Light chemical peels using alpha or beta hydroxy acids can help improve mild to moderate cases of acne.
- Chemical peels can correct pigmentation issues such as hyperpigmentation, melasma, and age spots.
- Chemical peels can stimulate the growth of fresh, new skin, improving the overall appearance and texture of the skin.
- By removing the top layer of dead skin cells, chemical peels can allow skin care products to be absorbed more deeply and work with maximum effect.
Cost of Chemical Peel:
The cost of chemical peels starts from PKR 10,000. The cost varies for everyone as it depends on several factors such as the number of sessions, type of chemical peel, dermatologist fees, and pricing policy of the clinic. The skin expert will examine your skin surface and will tell you the cost of the treatment.
If you are having melasma and hyperpigmentation which is bothering your look then you can go for the amazing treatment. The Chemical Peels for Melasma Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan is a non-invasive way to get flawless and spotless skin. You can book an appointment with us by filling out the form and we will contact you soon. We have highly skilled skin experts who will examine your skin and will perform the treatment accordingly.