Seeing your child in pain due to any congenital issue can be difficult for any parent. Many environmental, and genetic factors may lead a child to develop a congenital disorder by birth. The openings, or gaps that occur in the lips or the upper palate are known as the cleft lip, and palate issues. These issues can make a baby’s life difficult. It’s always necessary to get the right treatment for these issues as soon as possible or they may result in speech delay, breathing, and eating issues. In this read, we will help you learn more about Cleft Lip And Palate Surgery in Islamabad Pakistan, and how it can benefit different functions in your child’s life.
A Brief Intro To Cleft Lip And Palate Surgery:
Often babies are born with different congenital issues. A congenital issue in which there is a certain gap, or a specific opening between the lips, and nose, or in the upper palate region is cleft lip and palate disorder. However, with the advancements in cosmetic surgery, it has now become possible to treat these issues with the effective treatment of cleft lip and palate surgery. This surgery aims to close the opening which occurs during the fetal stage. After this surgery, your child won’t have to live with speech, breathing, and eating problems.
The Cause of Issue:
Although doctors are not 100% sure why these gaps occur during fetal development they can occur due to some issue in the development of genes, or due to
- Due to a combination of genes.
- Exposure of mother to harmful chemicals, during pregnancy.
- Other environmental factors.
- Certain pregnancy medications.
Is Your Child Suitable For Surgery?
If your baby lies in the below category, or the surgeon has considered him/her ideal candidate then it’s good to have the treatment as early as possible.
- If your baby was born with cleft lip, palate issues, or both of these issues.
- Parents who want to improve the life of their child should opt for this surgery for their baby.
- If your baby is healthy enough with a stable weight to undergo the surgery.
- Babies who suffer from speech issues, breathing, and other issues due to this problem.
- Your baby should be between the ages of 6 to 12 months to undergo this treatment.
Parents must follow all the necessary preparations that the surgeon provides them with and make sure to prepare their child for the surgery.
- Parents should know that the healing after the surgery will take more time so they should be mentally prepared for this challenge.
- The doctor will recommend special feeding techniques for your baby.
- You must not give your baby any food 4 to 6 hours before the treatment.
- As these surgeries are delicate, and require proper precision make sure you consult a professional doctor for your child’s treatment.
- The doctor will assess the general health of the baby before treatment.
- Our experts will also provide emotional support for the baby, and parents.
The Surgical Details:
There are many different techniques to do the surgery for cleft lip or palate issues, it depends if your baby has a single or both of the issues.
- The children will undergo anesthesia for the treatment so they are asleep during it.
- The surgeon will create incisions on either side of the cleft lip to rearrange the tissues and the muscles between the lips, and nose. After rearrangement, the surgeon will close the incisions, which helps close the gap.
- To repair the palate opening the surgeon will rearrange the tissues and muscles around the palate. This will help close the opening and will create a palate that will have no gap, will work for speaking, and will prevent food from leaking from the nose.
- After carrying out the cleft, lip, and palate repair the surgeon will use sutures to close the surgical incisions.
A Guide To After-Surgery Care:
Surgeries can be tough for babies so parents should ensure proper love, care, and affection towards their child, and should follow all the aftercare instructions to ensure their child’s recovery.
- Give proper attention to the feeding, and diet of your child.
- Do not neglect your child’s follow-up appointments.
- During the healing period make sure that your baby only has a liquid diet, but it should be healthy.
- As your child gets older make sure to provide them with speech therapy.
- Try to take proper care of the wound area, and don’t let your baby itch, or scratch this area.
- To overcome swelling, and bruising the doctor will provide you with essential medicines.
Top Advantages of Treatment:
- The treatment will help boost your child’s confidence.
- Early treatment can help prevent many serious future complications.
- It not only improves the facial aesthetic but helps many functional abnormalities such as speech, breathing, and eating problems.
- The deformity will forever be gone.
The Cost of Cleft Lip And Palate Surgery in Islamabad is not fixed. At Glamorous Clinic Islamabad our expert doctors will provide you a complete treatment cost plan after examining the condition of your baby. The cost will vary due to:
- Fee of the surgeon.
- Experience of the surgeon.
- The type of treatment.
- The cost will also vary if there is a single or a double treatment procedure.
Book An Appointment!
At Glamorous Clinic Islamabad we are dedicated to providing the best treatment procedure for ensuring a good life for your baby. To learn more details, or to book a consultation for Cleft Lip And Palate Surgery in Islamabad Pakistan you can reach out to us through a consultation form.