Scars may appear as permanent marks on the skin anywhere on the body caused by some injury or incident. These can make a person conscious about their appearance and make them feel self-conscious. There are a number of treatments that can be carried out to reduce their appearance. One of the most effective of these is the Laser Scar Removal in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan. Continue reading to know more about it
Aim of the Treatment:
The main goal of the treatment is to make the scars much less visible to the naked eye. It works to reduce their appearance by blending it with the surrounding skin. The generation of new cells is stimulated that covers up the damaged skin tissue.
Results of Scar Removal:
It takes time for skin cells that have been injured to repair. The full effects of laser scar removal are not visible for several months. But after only one session, the results start being visible. The results are permanent and these scars do not return.
- It is one of the safest and easiest scar-removing treatment
- The procedure does not require any downtime
- The individual can go back to their daily routine after the session
- A single session only takes several minutes to perform
- The final results make the individual more confident with their appearance
- The treatment also improves the skin texture and tone
- Anyone who is bothered by the appearance of the scar anywhere on the body
- Someone with realistic goals and expectations from the treatment
- Someone who is physically and mentally healthy
- A person who does not have sunburnt skin as can cause irritation during the treatment
- An individual who does not smoke or can quit smoking
- A person who does not suffer from any skin condition or has active acne on their skin
How Does the Treatment Work?
The Laser Scar Removal in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan works by targeting the scars with high-energy laser light. The laser heats the tissues underneath the skin stimulating it to produce new cells and collagen. This heals up the damaged cells that cause scars reducing their appearance and clearing up the skin.
The first step in any treatment is to find the clinic and dermatologist from where the treatment is to be done. When visiting the dermatologist, the patient needs to convey properly any problems they face and their expectations from the treatment. The doctor then carries out a thorough initial checkup to confirm the person’s eligibility for the procedure. This includes reviewing the patient’s medical history, checking their vitals, examining the region to be treated, and carrying out any blood tests that may be necessary.
Once the checkup is complete, the candidate is given several pre-procedure guidelines to prepare them for their treatment:
- The skin should be protected from the sun as sunburnt skin is not ideal for the procedure
- Smoking should be avoided for a minimum of two weeks before the treatment
- Blood thinning medications, pain killers, supplements, multivitamin tablets, and any other medicine that slows the recovery process should also be avoided
- Any skincare products containing acids or other chemicals should be stopped for weeks before the therapy
The treatment is carried out by first numbing the region so that the procedure can be as comfortable as possible. The dermatologist uses a laser beam of different intensities depending on the nature of the scar and the recipient’s skin.
- First, the skin is cleaned with cotton containing disinfecting solution to remove any makeup, bacteria, or dirt from the skin’s surface.
- Then the doctor marks the region on the skin with a pen where the laser is to be targeted
- An anesthetic ointment is applied to desensitize the skin. This has to be applied for a minimum of half an hour or one hour depending on the type of ointment used and its effect on the skin
- When the skin is desensitized, the dermatologist starts the treatment
- A laser device is used that is moved across the skin on the scars according to the markings
- Several sessions are required to get the desired results. The actual sessions needed depends on the scars and the patient’s response to the treatment
- The last step is to apply a cold compress and a regenerative or soothing cream to the treatment region for a soothing effect.
- The recipient needs to protect their skin from sunlight for at least the first two or three days
- The sunscreen recommended by the dermatologist should be used
- Skin is to be kept moisturized and hydrated
- The skin is sensitive after the procedure so it is advised not to touch the skin unnecessarily
- All the other post-care instructions provided by the doctor should be followed properly
Cost of Scar Removal Islamabad:
The cost of Laser Scar Removal in Islamabad & Pakistan ranges from PKR 8,999 to PKR 13,999. The actual cost is determined by the doctor after analyzing all the factors that affect the cost.
Request a Free Appointment!
The Glamorous Clinic offers the most affordable, effective, and safe treatments that ensure guaranteed results. we make sure all the aesthetic requirements of our clients and patients are met. People from all around the world visit our clinic the get cosmetic treatment.
Know more about the services offered at our clinic by contacting us or by booking a free initial consultation by submitting the form provided below.