Obesity is associated with significant social, economic, and health effects. These include an increased risk of weight-related diseases thereby increasing the medical cost. It also often results in social biases and discrimination. It is known that achieving a significant weight loss is difficult although many weight loss options exist including dieting, pharmaceutical drugs, and surgery. Diets can be successful only in the short term but can fail for many reasons. Exercising does not also always lead to weight loss. On the other hand, even though surgery is the most effective when it comes to long-term weight loss, it is not desired by all people. Our team at the Royal Clinic is now offering the most effective and non-surgical Gastric Balloon Placement in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan, which is a restrictive treatment that works by restricting the food intake of the individual. Read all about the treatment on the page below.
Table of Contents
A silicone balloon placed into the stomach hastens the process of feeling satisfied with little food. The individual will therefore eat less and feel full sooner as a result of this treatment. It is also essential to address various medical issues caused by obesity. The balloon lasts in the stomach for several months after which the balloon deflates. It is then removed from the body naturally through the process of excretion.
For the reasons listed below, this treatment is more effective than the alternatives.
- The balloon may be removed at any time, making it reversible.
- The treatment is FDA-approved and clinically proven to be effective in losing weight.
- It avoids the surgical division of the stomach, which is typically done in other surgeries.
- The procedure is safe and effective in speeding the weight loss journey.
- The treatment does not leave the stomach permanently damaged.
- This method is inexpensive.
Who are the perfect candidates?
You are a suitable candidate for the treatment if you are attempting to lose weight but have not had long-term success with diet and exercise, if you want to avoid undergoing complete gastric surgery but are in good general health, and if your BMI is between 30 and 40. You should be at least 18 years old and be prepared to take part in a program that is administered by a doctor.
How Does the Balloon Work?
For the Gastric Balloon Placement in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan, a capsule attached with a catheter is taken orally by the patient. This is then filled with saline causing it to inflate and increase in size. This stays in the stomach and restricts the amount of food a person can consume making them feel full with little food. It thereby assists in the weight loss journey of the person by helping them lose three times the weight as compared to just following diet and exercise alone.
Our board-certified doctor explains the entire treatment and performs all necessary tests to evaluate the patient’s fitness during the initial consultation, which is the first step on the road to weight loss. To be sure this is the appropriate course of action, it’s crucial to discuss medical history and weight loss goals with the surgeon. Once the initial checkup is complete the doctor plans customized treatment according to the patient’s current condition and requirements.
The treatment is endoscopically carried out by an experienced doctor. The balloon takes around one-third of the stomach and in doing so it helps the individual in eating smaller meals enabling the person to stick to the diet.
- The procedure is relatively simple and is carried out without having to use any anesthesia. It takes only several minutes to carry out.
- The individual is given a capsule attached to a catheter to be swallowed with water.
- As the capsule goes down the esophagus, the patient only feels minimal discomfort. No endoscopic procedure is required.
- Once the patient swallows the capsule, the doctor carries out an X-ray to see the location of the balloon in the stomach.
- After locating the balloon, it is inflated and filled with saline making it cover one-third of the stomach of the individual.
- A second X-ray is then carried out to check if the balloon has inflated accurately.
Aftercare and Recovery:
The healing period following the treatment is brief. After the placement, the person can resume their normal activities in just 15 minutes. However, they can encounter some adverse effects, such as nausea, in the days that follow. You might have to forgo solid foods for a few days and refrain from engaging in any excessive activity per the general instructions of the surgeon.
This weight loss can be maintained for a considerable period even after the balloon is removed.
The average price of the procedure is between PKR 130,599 and PKR 200,999. The doctor decides the total cost after taking all the elements that go into the cost definition into account. After a thorough initial consultation and examination, the surgeon decides the cost of the treatment.
Request a Free Appointment!
The Enfield Royal Clinic has experienced doctors and surgeons that perform the best and most effective treatments and procedures. If you want to know more about Gastric Balloon Placement in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan, visit our clinic or book a free initial appointment by submitting the form provided below.