Gastric Banding in Islamabad & Pakistan is a restrictive weight loss procedure where the recipient’s food intake is restricted thereby successfully helping the person in their weight loss journey. A band is placed on the stomach that restricts the intake of food as the size of the stomach is reduced. Continue ready to know more about the treatment
A person with the following conditions is ideal for the treatment
- Someone who is obese
- Anybody who has a BMI that is greater than 40
- An individual who does not suffer from any serious medical condition and disease
- Anyone who is mentally prepared and motivated to undergo the treatment
- Someone ready to change their lifestyle
Table of Contents
This method has proven to be quite successful because it reduces body weight by 40% in just two years. The results can differ from person to person based on lifestyle and eating habits. For as long as the surgeon does not remove it, the gastric band remains in place. It is recommended to have it removed after roughly 10 years since otherwise, the removal process can get difficult.
- Though the procedure is permanent, it can be reversed anytime by the surgeon
- The treatment is very effective in reducing the person’s weight by limiting their food intake
- There is very minimal risk of complications as the treatment is very safe
- It provides long-term results depending on how well the patient maintains their weight
- The recovery period is short as compared to other weight loss treatments
- The risk of weight-related diseases like high bp, diabetes, etc is significantly reduced
How Does it Work?
The Gastric Banding in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan works by placing a band on the upper stomach to create a small food-containing pouch. The band limits the amount of food a person can consume by making the recipient feel full after taking small portions of meals.
To determine whether a person is a good candidate for a gastric bypass, the first step in the process is to have a detailed consultation with the surgeon. Following that, the patient is provided with a list of guidelines by the surgeon that is important to be followed.
- The patient is only allowed to eat the number of calories that the doctor has advised.
- They must give up smoking and drinking alcohol for several weeks before therapy.
- Some medications that can affect the procedure and its results are to be stopped
- All the other instructions given by the doctor should be followed
The procedure is carried out under the influence of anesthesia to make the treatment as comfortable as possible.
- The surgeon starts by making tiny cuts on the upper portion of the abdomen and chest.
- He then inserts a telescopic camera so that the surgeon can see the inside of the body and accordingly guide the instruments.
- The surgeon then passes instruments through the small opening and fits the band around the stomach.
- This band then restricts the amount of food that the recipient’s stomach can hold.
- This causes the hunger to be satisfied only with a small number of meals.
- The size of the opening of the stomach determines how long it takes for the food to leave the stomach.
- After several weeks the band is inflated with fluid which makes the opening narrower.
- A thin tube is connected to the band through which the fluid is injected.
- The adjustment of the band depends on the patient and their requirements.
- The cuts are then closed by stitches and bandages.
The patient is given a list of appropriate post-operative guidelines to hasten the healing process and prevent any complications. To ensure the best potential outcomes from the surgery and avoid any risk of complications, the patient must adhere closely to the instructions.
The average cost of the treatment ranges from PKR 250,000 and PKR 350,000. The procedure’s cost is determined by several variables. The surgeon takes into account each of these when determining the overall cost of the procedure.
Why Choose the Glamorous Clinic?
The Glamorous Clinic offers the best, most expedient medical care from qualified, experienced professionals. The treatments have very high success rates and produce the desired results, leaving patients satisfied and happy. Our well-trained team’s friendly outlook ensures that our clients experience a comfortable, laid-back atmosphere. The safety of our clients is our primary priority, so we maintain a clean, hygienic clinic and strictly follow all COVID 19 guidelines. If you’re looking for the best weight loss treatment in terms of both quality and price, choose us!
Book a Free Appointment!
If you want to learn more about Gastric Banding in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan and other weight loss treatments offered at the clinic, submit the form provided below and get a free initial consultation with the best doctors in Pakistan.