Eczema is a skin condition that makes our skin dry, red, and irritated. Eczema is also known as atopic dermatitis and can occur at any age. Living with eczema is miserable as it also affects the quality of life. There are different types of eczema and different treatments are also available at the Glamorous Clinic to help you get rid of this skin condition. Anyone can manage the symptoms of eczema by getting treatment. Know about the Eczema Treatment Pros and Cons in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan by reading the following blog.
Triggers of Eczema:
Various internal and external factors cause the flaring up of eczema. If you avoid these triggers then you can manage the symptoms of eczema. The following are some main triggers:
- Certain chemicals and preserved food
- Food allergies
- Respiratory infection
- Clothes like wool
- Synthetic fibres
- Excess sweating
- Animal dander
- Pollen, dust, and mites
- Hay Fever
- Weak immune system
- Low humidity
- Soaps and detergents
- Going near the thing which is allergic to you
How is Eczema Treated?
The skin care expert will examine your skin condition and will figure out the type of eczema and after that, he will perform the treatment. The most common type of treatment is light therapy. Some of the treatment options for Eczema Treatment are as follows:
The dermatologist will suggest topical corticosteroids to minimise the symptoms of eczema. You have to apply the corticosteroid directly on the skin surface according to the instructions of the doctor to see the desired results.
If topical treatment is not working for the patients then the skin expert will suggest you use oral medications. Oral medications include corticosteroids and immunosuppressants. These are high-intensity doses and should be used for a smaller period. You should not take any other medication while using these medicines as it can worsen your eczema condition.
In Phototherapy, the affected area is exposed to UVA or UVB rays. This therapy is effective and it reduces the symptoms of eczema for a long period. Moderate dermatitis can be easily treated by phototherapy. This treatment also prevents the skin from catching any type of bacterial infection.
Other treatment options are also used to treat eczema. But these are the most widely used treatments to get rid of eczema.
Eczema Treatment Pros and Cons:
Having eczema for a long time can be frustrating and may lower your confidence, but no need to worry now because its treatment is available. Every treatment carries some benefits and risks. Some of the Eczema Treatment Pros and Cons in Islamabad & Pakistan are as follows:
Pros of the Treatment:
- All the treatment procedures are noninvasive and painless
- You get rid of eczema in a short period
- It will control the itching caused due to eczema
- It will heal the skin and will prevent future eczema
- The recovery time is very short
- There are no serious side effects associated with the procedure
- It will improve the signs of eczema
- You will regain your confidence back
Cons of the Treatment:
- Light therapy can cause burning if the light intensity is not used correctly
- If the medication is not used properly accordingly to the instructions of the doctor then it can worsen the skin condition
- The skin ointments can cause stinging, burning, or itching for a few days
- It can cause skin dryness
Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups:
If you know your triggers then it will help the skin care expert to design a treatment plan for you. If you do not know then he will perform some tests to find out the triggers for eczema for you. After performing the treatment he will also give you some tips to avoid eczema flare-ups in the future. Following are some beneficial tips for you:
- Use a moisturiser daily and avoid moisturiser which contains a lot of chemicals
- Keep yourself away from triggers
- Do not use products that can dry out your skin
- Avoid wearing woollen stuff directly on your skin
- Do not take too much hot water baths
- Eat a balanced and natural diet
- Limit your exposure to household cleaners
- Avoid scratching your skin if you feel dryness on the skin
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle and take care of your hygiene
If having eczema is causing you pain and disturbing your lifestyle and quality of your living then consider its treatment. You can get treatment from the best dermatologist in Islamabad by booking a consultation with us. During the consultation, the skin expert will discuss all the treatment-related things with you. If you have any other queries related to the Eczema Treatment Pros and Cons in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan then feel free to contact our highly skilled staff.