Hemangioma is a common type of birthmark which is formed due to the growth of blood vessels. These are non-cancerous and can be found on any part of the body such as the chest, back, face, and arms. The exact cause of hemangiomas is still unknown. They may be red and purple in colour, but usually, they fade away on their own. But if the hemangioma is not resolving on its own then go for Hemangiomas Treatment in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan. This is not only present at the time of birth but can also develop in adulthood. Learn more about the Hemangiomas Treatment by reading the following article.
Table of Contents
Who Can Have Hemangiomas?
Anyone can get hemangiomas at any age. There are various causes of it and it usually appears during the first six months after birth. Usually, 10 percent of babies have it at the time of birth. Hemangiomas have seen more commonly in the following people:
- White infants
- Middle age adults
- Premature infants
Hemangiomas usually form when the blood vessels do not develop properly during pregnancy. They can also be formed in adults due to injury to the blood vessels.
When Do You Need to Visit the Doctor?
Usually, hemangiomas do not need any treatment as they resolve on their own. But if your hemangioma is not resolving on its own then you need to see a doctor. Following are some conditions in which you must visit the skin expert:
- The skin sore is formed after the skin break down
- The baby’s skin has started developing an infection from the diaper area
- You have a problem with breathing, vision, eating, and hearing
- Pus and redness on the affected area
- Hemangiomas have started changing their colour
- Bleeding is started from the affected area
- It is affecting your overall appearance
- It is spreading over time
Right Candidates for the Treatment:
If you have hemangiomas and you are looking for its treatment. Then make sure you fall in the candidacy criteria. The skin care expert will diagnose and determine the hemangioma and will tell you if the treatment is right for you or not. You fall in the candidacy criteria if:
- You are not having a chronic disease
- You must not be pregnant
- You are not allergic to laser treatment
- Your hemangioma is spreading with time
- You are overall a healthy person
- You have realistic expectations about the results
- You are a non-smoker
- Your look is affected by hemangiomas
You can see the results of the treatment after getting a few sessions of the treatment. The hemangioma will start fading away after some time of laser treatment. It will be best to discuss your goals with the skin expert to avoid future complications. Once you have achieved the results then it will last for a very long time.
It is very important to follow the pre-procedural instructions in order to get the full benefits of the Hemangiomas Treatment in Islamabad & Rawalpindi. The doctor will examine your condition and will give instructions according to it. Some of the general pre-procedural instructions are as follows:
- You should tell the doctor if you have any skin allergy
- Avoid taking caffeine before one week of the treatment
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure as it can damage the skin more
- Try to wear loose clothes on the day of the treatment
- Keep your body hydrated by drinking a lot of water
- Shave the treatment area one week before the treatment
The treatment procedure is performed on an outpatient basis and is performed in less than an hour. The time depends on the size of the skin lesion. The skin expert starts the procedure by applying a numbing cream to avoid discomfort during the whole procedure. After that, the skin expert uses the FDA-approved laser device toward the targeted area. The laser light will penetrate the deeper layer of the skin and will break down the skin lesions. The laser light will boost collagen production and also enhances the healing process of the body. After completing the procedure the skin expert applies a cooling gel or a device to soothe the inflammation after Laser Treatment. As the procedure is painless and non-invasive so you can go home on the same day.
After getting the treatment you might notice swelling, pain, and redness in the treatment area. All these side effects are timely and will fade away after some time. The recovery time is very less as it is a non-invasive procedure so you will only need a few days to recover. The skin care expert will give you instructions right after the treatment. Some of the aftercare instructions which you need to follow are:
- Use ice packs or cold compresses to minimise the pain
- Do not expose your skin to sunlight for a long time
- Do not do makeup or do any skincare routine as it can cause an allergic reaction
- Use mild soap to wash the area
- Do not do such exercise that can cause excess sweating
- Avoid touching the skin unnecessarily
The cost of Hemangiomas Treatment in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan is different for everyone. The price fluctuates because it depends on several factors such as the number of sessions, treatment area size, hemangiomas condition, skin expert fees, and pricing policy of the clinic. Willing to know the exact cost then consult our team.
Looking for a non-invasive way to get rid of these types of childbirth diseases then visit the Glamorous Clinic. We have a variety of laser and surgical procedures which will help you get the desired results without any side effects. You can book an appointment with us by filling out the online consultation form and our team will respond to you shortly.