Hive is a skin problem in which the skin becomes red, flaky, and itchy. The skin blotches may form which may become larger with time. The size and shape of the hives may vary, this skin condition usually fades away in a few days, but if the hives do not settle down then you must consult the dermatologist for treatment. If you are willing to get the treatment and want to know the Hives Treatment Cost in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan then read the following blog. At our clinic, we have the most affordable skin treatment so that everyone could get the treatment.
Triggers of Hives:
Before getting the treatment you should know about your triggers which can cause hives. Following are some major triggers of hives:
- Certain types of food such as peanuts, eggs, and nuts
- Different types of antibiotics
- Any type of insect when come in contact with the skin
- Any type of skin pressure or sun exposure
- Viral infection
- Pollen allergy or certain types of plants
Types of Hives:
There are three main types of hives depending on the period when they are present on the skin surface and the cause. The types are as follows:
When an allergic reaction occurs due to an insect bite, pollen, or certain type of chemical then you must be suffering from acute urticaria. These are the ordinary type of hives that last for 6 to 7 weeks.
The main cause of occurrence of the chronic type of hives is when our body immunity attacks the body tissues themselves. This time of hive usually resolves when you get its treatment. Chronic Urticaria lasts for more than 8 weeks, so it is best to consult a dermatologist to get rid of it.
When the hive occurs due to physical stimulus then it is also known as cholinergic urticaria. In this skin condition, many small skin bumps appear on the skin surface. This type of hive is mostly seen in young people and fades away on their own. If this skin condition continues to persist then consult the dermatologist. He will examine your skin and will recommend the best treatment.
What is the Cost of Hives Treatment?
People who are suffering from hives and want to get treatment then they can visit our clinic. We have budget-friendly treatment as everyone deserves the treatment to get rid of hives. The Hives Treatment Cost in Islamabad & Pakistan starts from PKR 5,000. The price may increase and fluctuate for every patient as everyone has a different type of skin.
The factors which affect the cost of the treatment are the number of sessions, type of treatment, treatment area size, type of hives, dermatologist fees, and pricing policy of the clinic. If you want to know the exact cost then consult the skin expert he will examine your skin and will tell you the price of the treatment accordingly.
As there are different types of treatment, Here are some common treatments for hives:
- Avoid the Trigger: If you can identify the trigger of your hives, the best way to prevent them is to avoid that trigger. For example, if you are allergic to a certain food, you should avoid eating it.
- Over-the-counter Antihistamines: Antihistamines can be bought over the counter and can help relieve the itching and reduce the severity of the hives. Some common antihistamines include Benadryl, Claritin, and Zyrtec.
- Topical creams: Topical creams such as calamine lotion and menthol can help reduce itching and soothe the skin.
- Corticosteroids: If the hives are severe, your doctor may prescribe corticosteroids to help reduce inflammation and swelling.
- Epinephrine: In rare cases, hives can cause a severe allergic reaction known as anaphylaxis. If this happens, epinephrine may be needed to treat the symptoms and prevent them from getting worse.
- Laser Treatment: Light therapy or phototherapy can be an effective treatment for certain types of hives, especially chronic idiopathic urticaria (CIU) which are hives with no known cause. It involves exposing the skin to controlled amounts of ultraviolet (UV) light, which can help reduce inflammation and itching. During light therapy, the patient will typically visit a dermatologist or a phototherapy treatment centre several times a week for several weeks or months. The exact duration and frequency of treatment will depend on the individual patient and their specific condition.
It’s important to talk to your doctor if your hives are severe, last longer than a few days, or are accompanied by other symptoms such as difficulty breathing, swelling of the face or throat, or a fever.
If you are having hives that are not fading away on their own then you must consult a dermatologist. Glamorous dermatologist Clinic has the best treatment for hives at an affordable cost. So you can book an appointment with. If you want to know more about the Hives Treatment Cost in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan then you can consult our team.