Eczema can irritate the eyes and can also make people feel less confident about themselves. There are various reasons for the occurrence of eczema in the eyes. If you feel that your eyelids are swollen without any reason and are extremely itchy then you may have eczema. Eczema can occur on any part of the body but it usually occurs around the eye area. It is a problematic disease and can make the skin thin and sensitive to the affected area. If you have eczema then visit a Dermatologist to get the treatment earlier to avoid side effects. Learn more about How to Treat Eczema on Eyelids in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan by reading the following blog.
Causes and Trigger of Eczema:
When any chemical product comes in contact with certain chemicals it can cause eczema. Some of the causes of Eczema are as follows:
- Hair dye
- Certain eye ointments
- Wood dust
- Certain diffused fragrances
- Dirty hands and air
- Certain irritants
- Weak skin barrier
- Skin inflammation
How to Identify Eczema in Eyes?
For identifying eczema it is necessary to go to the doctor, as eczema is sometimes mistaken as any other type of skin allergy. Following are some signs and symptoms of eczema:
- Itchy and dry eyes all the time and especially during the night
- Watery eyes
- Discoloration of skin around the eye area
- Red skin caused due to skin scratching
- Small bumps filled with fluid
Treatment Options for Eczema:
There are certain treatments suggested by the skin care expert for treating the eye areas because they are the most sensitive part of the body. Following are some of the best options for you.
The skin expert will prescribe you topical corticosteroids to reduce eczema and flare-ups. The topical medication ranges from mild to strong depending on the skin sensitivity level and condition of eczema. Topical Treatment will Treat Eczema on Eyelids in Islamabad & Pakistan if you apply the ointment on time.
Oral medications are a faster way for getting rid of eczema. Oral medications include corticosteroids which is an anti-inflammatory medicine to reduce the symptom of eczema. Other oral medications including prednisone, cyclosporine, and methotrexate are highly effective. But if it takes a huge amount of time then it can cause many potential side effects.
Laser therapy is a highly effective treatment for eczema. It is a safe treatment so can be used to treat sensitive areas of the body. You will need a few sessions of Laser Treatment to get the desired results. The results are natural and may be permanent if you follow all the preventive measures and avoid the triggers which cause eczema.
Complications with Eczema:
Some of the complications which can occur with eye eczema are as follows:
- If you have eczema on your eyes then rubbing them frequently can worsen the eye infection
- If bacteria or any other dust enters the eye then it can result in a skin infection
- If you are having eyelid eczema then it can result in sleeping problem
- The skin of the affected area may become discolored
- Eczema can result in skin inflammation
How can Eczema be Prevented?
There are some ways by which eczema can be prevented. But firstly it is important to know its trigger. Following are some preventive measures for you:
- Use makeup products that are made for sensitive skin
- Do not rub your eyelids
- Touch your eyes when your hands are clean
- Wear glasses before going out in the dust or extremely cold weather
- Avoid using makeup products that contain harmful products
- Moisturize your skin daily
- Avoid wearing makeup for a long time
- Wash your face two times a day
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The cost to treat your eczema problem is different for everyone as the price depends on several factors such as the number of sessions, treatment area condition, dermatologist fees, and pricing policy of the clinic. If you want to know the exact cost then you can ask our team by contacting us.
Note from Glamorous Clinic!
After reading on How to Treat Eczema on Eyelids in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan. If you are considering undergoing the treatment then make sure you choose a well-reputed clinic like the Glamorous Clinic. We ensure you provide the treatment in a comfortable environment. You can easily book an appointment with us by filling out the form and our team will contact you soon.