Men and women both can face hair loss problems, especially men who face more hair loss problems at a younger age which makes them look older than their actual age. For getting back hair and restoring your confidence people go for different types of hair restoration procedures. Hair transplant is the surgical procedure which has been undergoing for many years for restoring your hair. People who are looking for effective and permanent results can choose the hair transplant surgery. As there are Different Techniques of Hair Transplantation in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan so you should have in depth knowledge this will help you choose the right option for you.
What is a Hair Transplant?
A hair transplant is a surgical procedure in which hair follicles are taken from a donor area (usually the back or sides of the head) and transplanted to a recipient area (usually the top or front of the head) that is bald or thinning. The transplanted hair follicles will continue to grow hair in the new location, creating a fuller and more natural looking head of hair.
Hair transplantation can be performed using different techniques, such as follicular unit transplantation (FUT) or follicular unit extraction (FUE). The choice of technique depends on various factors such as the extent of hair loss, the quality and quantity of the donor’s hair, and the patient’s preferences. Hair transplantation is considered a safe and effective treatment for hair loss, but like any surgical procedure, it carries some risks and potential complications. It is important to choose an experienced and qualified surgeon and to carefully follow post-operative instructions for optimal results.
Hair Transplantation Techniques:
There are mainly two Different Techniques for Hair Transplantation in Islamabad & Pakistan. These are FUT and FUE. Both of the techniques are discussed below:
FUT( Follicular unit Transplantation):
The FUT technique involves removing a strip of tissue from the donor area, which is then dissected into individual follicular units. The donor area is then sutured closed, leaving a linear scar. The advantage of FUT is that it allows for the extraction of a larger number of grafts in a single session, making it more efficient for patients who require a significant amount of hair transplantation. However, the tradeoff is that it leaves a visible scar, which may be a concern for some patients who prefer a more discreet hair restoration procedure. It is important to note that the scar is typically covered by surrounding hair and can be concealed with a suitable hairstyle.
Benefits of FUT:
There are several benefits of FUT hair transplant surgery:
- FUT typically yields a higher number of grafts compared to other hair transplant techniques, allowing for a greater amount of coverage and density.
- FUT is often more cost-effective than other hair transplant techniques because it requires less time to extract the grafts, making it a more efficient procedure.
- FUT is well-suited for patients with large areas of baldness, as it can extract a larger number of grafts in a single session.
- The transplanted hair from FUT is permanent and will continue to grow naturally for a lifetime, giving long-lasting and natural-looking results.
- FUT is a gentle technique that minimises trauma to the follicles during extraction, leading to higher survival rates and better hair growth.
FUE( Follicular Unit Extraction):
In FUE hair transplant surgery, individual follicular units are extracted from the donor area one at a time using a specialised instrument, leaving tiny circular scars that are usually not visible to the naked eye. This technique eliminates the need for a linear scar that is typically left by the FUT method. Once the grafts are extracted, they are transplanted into the recipient sites using the same technique as in FUT.
Benefits of FUE:
The benefits of FUE hair transplant surgery include:
- FUE hair transplant surgery leaves tiny circular scars in the donor area that are often not visible to the naked eye, making it a more discreet option than FUT for patients who prefer to wear their hair short.
- FUE typically involves a shorter recovery time than FUT, with most patients able to return to their normal activities within a few days.
- FUE is generally less painful than FUT, as it involves less trauma to the scalp.
- Unlike FUT, which requires the use of sutures to close the donor area, FUE does not require any sutures.
- FUE is ideal for patients who require a smaller amount of hair transplantation or those who have limited donor hair.
It is important to note that FUE may not be the best option for every patient, as it may not yield as many grafts in a single session as FUT, and can be more time-consuming and labour-intensive for the surgeon.
Hair transplant can be a really good option for you to get rid of baldness. So what are you waiting for? Book an appointment with us and get back your hair now. You can fill the online consultation form and our team will contact you soon if you want to know more about the Different techniques of Hair Transplantation in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan and which one is right for you then you can get in touch with our expert team.